- Women’s sports news round-up – March 20Posted 1 day ago
- The FA to double participation in the women’s and girl’s game by 2020Posted 5 days ago
- Women’s sports news round-up – March 13Posted 1 week ago
The Castle Triathlon Series – mixed relay for 2017
24 Jun 2017 until 25 Jun 2017
The Castle Triathlon Series is offering a new triathlon ‘mixed relay’ race format in 2017, which was played out at the 2014 Commonwealth Games, and soon to be introduced to the 2020 Olympics. Mixed relays are fresh to the Castle Triathlon Series and are rare in the current European triathlon market with little opportunity for triathletes to enjoy this exciting and fast moving format.
A mixed relay sees a team of four consisting of two males and two female participants race in a tag team completing a short triathlon each before handing over to the next team member. They each compete shortened distances of 250m swim / 5km bike / 1.5 km run* which will be conducted on existing castle routes and the cyclists will benefit from closed road circuits.
Three mixed relay formats will be on offer:
- Mixed adult relay – Four adult team members consisting of two males and two female participants.
- Family relay – Four members of the same family can take part including at least one adult and no specific gender split required. Children should be aged 13 plus.
- Junior relay (8-12 year olds) – Four children aged 8-12 year olds with no specific gender split required. The children relay will be shorter: 150m/2km/800m and will remain on the castle estate.
The racing will take part at three of the five castles;
Lough Cutra Castle – Southern Ireland
Cholmondeley Castle – Cheshire
Castle Howard – Yorkshire (on the Saturday afternoon of the triathlon festival weekend)
Sign up now for the 2017 Castle Triathlon Series events including race distances for all at stunning iconic venues.
Videos: My favourite moment in women's sport
Our favourite sports stars & celebs
Sisters in the saddle - A cycling blog
The Sportsister Team
Readers' blog - Your stories
Blog 19 - Zoe Grimes
Mountain girl - A life of vertical adventures
Clarissa inspires others to #takeonachallenge
Sportsister loves blog - Things that we love
The Sportsister team