In need of a bit of relaxation? Then you’re in luck, as a beautiful relaxing experience is precisely what you get at Clarice House in Colchester.
The staff are welcoming, making every part of your visit as carefree as possible, and although it’s the largest of the three sites (which includes Ipswich and Bury) a friendly feel remains, plus there’s some fantastic facilities and spa treatments on offer too!
Clarice House have recently teamed up with Germaine De Capucini to offer an exciting range of new treatments – but just how exciting? We headed to Colchester to find out and decided to give the Mediterranean Delight Massage (1 hour treatment) a go. This uses a light candle which when burned emits a lovely fragrance of lavender and mandarin. The warm wax from the candle is then poured over the body with a prolonged body massage to ease tension and relax the mind.
- The warm wax sensation is surprisingly good and when massaged in it releases fragrances which engulf your whole body leaving you feeling extremely relaxed
- Not only does this relax the body, this also relaxes the mind
- Therapists are happy to adjust massage pressure and discuss this with you prior to the treatment
- The candle oils continue to work throughout the day, leaving the skin soft and supple
- Some may not like the sesnsation of hot wax poured on the body
- I would have liked more time spent on my back massage
I would definitely recommend spending £9 extra to have this full body massage over a Swedish full body massage.
Price: £54 for one hour
Rachel Butcher, Sportsister
The Women’s Sports Magazine