- Rowing: Sophie Hosking announces retirementPosted 41 mins ago
- Paralympics: GB team named for IPC World Athletics ChampionshipsPosted 2 hours ago
- Football: England Women visit Burton SchoolsPosted 2 hours ago
Recipe: Tenderstem broccoli, watermelon and feta salad
It’s National Vegetarian Week from May 21-27, so why not give this delicious salad a go?
Fresh and tasty, it’s ideal to serve in the summer. Try it as a starter before a barbeque – it can be quickly prepared in advance.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: Up to 10 minutes
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a starter or side dish
200g Tenderstem® broccoli
15g pumpkin seeds
¼ of a medium sized watermelon
¼ of a medium cucumber
120g feta cheese
½ bunch mint leaves, roughly chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Steam the Tenderstem for a few minutes until it is just tender. Remove and leave to cool.
2. Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds in a hot frying pan until they start to turn crunchy and golden. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
3. Cut the watermelon and the cucumber into chunks and place in a bowl or on a large serving plate. Cut the Tenderstem into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl/plate. Crumble over the feta cheese and sprinkle over the toasted pumpkin seeds and chopped mint.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the salad and serve.
5. If you wanted to transform this into more of a substantial salad, mix in 200g cooked Puy lentils as they make a delicious addition.
For more information visit www.tenderstem.co.uk
The Women’s Sports Magazine