We ask four stars the same five questions. This time it’s the turn of Holly Bleasdale (pole vault). Stay tuned to sportsister’s interviews page for answers from Jo Jackson (race walking), Natasha Jonas (boxing) and Tonia Couch (diving).
1. Which sport would you most like front-row tickets for at London 2012?
Gymnastics. I find it really interesting and I think it’s so physically demanding it’s nice to be able to appreciate how hard these guys are working.
2. What is the most important thing that sport has taught you?
To be more confident. Before I did sport I was quite shy but now I love meeting new people.
3. What’s been the most embarrassing moment you’ve had in your sporting career?
I can remember one of my very first competitions when I tried to climb the pole but I had planted it in the back of the bed [rather than in the box] and so landed back on the track – that was quite embarrassing and quite painful!
4. Who is your sporting hero, and if you could ask them one question, what would it be?
David Beckham. I have grown up believing he is a great role model in sport, I love his manner and attitude. I would ask him what his favourite chocolate bar is! Hopefully it’s the same as mine – Crunchie!
5. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
Flying because then I could fly on holiday instead of paying for the flight!
Holly Bleasdale is part of Nike’s #makeitcount campaign. www.facebook.com/nikerunninguk