We ask four stars the same five questions. This time it’s the turn of Tonia Couch (diving). Stay tuned to sportsister’s interviews page for answers from Jo Jackson (race walking), Natasha Jonas (boxing) and Holly Bleasdale (pole vault).
1. Which sport would you most like front-row tickets for at London 2012?
The gymnastics. I used to be a gymnast from age seven to ten and the skills are transferable. The somersaults from gymnastics and being strong definitely helped in changing to the diving world.
2. What is the most important thing that sport has taught you?
To be independent. I’m always away, when I was younger it was harder but I definitely enjoy it now. I love being in Australia!
3. What’s been the most embarrassing moment you’ve had in your sporting career?
I don’t really know. Thankfully I don’t think I’ve had any!
4. Who is your sporting hero, and if you could ask them one question, what would it be?
Probably the American diver Laura Wilkinson. She was Olympic champion and always used to speak to me and help me when I was young and at competitions feeling a bit scared. She just loved what she was doing.
I’m lucky in that I’ve been able to ask all the questions I’ve wanted to!
5. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
Probably to be able to fly, to cut down on the long flights, it’s a nightmare!
Tonia is sponsored by the Plymouth Life Centre operators Everyone Active www.everyoneactive.com