Sportsister tests: Arc’teryx Atom Lt Hoody
Aside from being eyelash flutteringly pretty, the Arc’teryx Atom Lt Hoody is a super versatile bit of kit and there are essentially two ways of using it to maximize its functionality.
1. You can wear it as an external layer in winter for walking/climbing/hiking/skiing as it keeps you very warm whilst you’re moving in cold conditions. As long as you’re not likely to get very wet and are expending a decent amount of energy, you can actually wear it on its own with just a baselayer underneath.
2. If it is super cold, then get rid of your fleece and wear the Atom Lt Hoody as your mid layer on top of your base and underneath your shell jacket.
– Very lightweight and breathable
– Extremely warm
– Has a hood that will fit over a helmet
– Great colour scheme – I tested orange – or as Arcteryx like to call it ‘Poppy’ – and the lining is purple.
– Only criticism is that the hood doesn’t have a drawstring
Colours: Black, Bondi Blue, Chartreuse, Jacaranda, Magenta, Poppy (the one we tested).
Fabric: Polartec® Power Stretch® with Hardface® Technology; Luminara™—Nylon weave fabric with wind and water repellant coating and 60 gm/m² Coreloft™ insulation.
[catlist id=1653 excludeposts=56766 orderby=date numberposts=20 thumbnails=yes excerpt=yes date=yes template=example-list]